Click here for more information on Blue Ridge Technologies
Meet BTOM (BACnet Telephone Override Module)
Blue Ridge Technologies' BACnet Telephone Override Module (BTOM) is an integrated solution that allows users to override lighting and/or HVAC utilizing any push button telephone. BTOM facilitates an effortless interface with human voice prompts to guide user selection of up to 6 hours of override time for 1,022 zones. BTOM is customizable to suit a variety of applications, and default English voice prompts may be rerecorded in any style or language. All User IDs, passwords, and administrator functions may be programmed to suit your installation, while providing the user validation required for tenant billing purposes. The seamless integration of this simple interface makes BTOM a powerful yet cost effective alternative to override switches. So whether you are looking to track after hours lighting and HVAC override times or just need to add override capabilities without having to wire up new switches, Blue Ridge has the solution for you.
i-Vu« Open Wins Dealer Design Award
Carrier's i-Vu Open web appliance was recently awarded a 2011 Dealer Design award in The NEWS magazine. This award is given by dealers and contractors to recognize quality products that are designed with the contractor in mind in regards to installation, service, and maintenance.
The NEWS' panel of dealer/contractors awarded i-Vu Open as an honorable mention in the commercial controls category. This product is featured in the July 11 issue of The News magazine.
Carrier's i-Vu Open web appliance is a powerful building automation system in a box. A contractor simply connects it to the building network, and i-Vu automatically discovers all of the Carrier controls in the facility, making it easy to monitor and control the attached HVAC equipment. Equipment graphics, trends, alarms, and reports - all of the essential building management components - are automatically generated for the contractor, saving him valuable time, effort, and expense. Once installed, i-Vu makes it easy for the contractor to maintain and service the facility remotely.
Click here for more information about Distech Controls
Distech Controls' B-AAC Listed ECB-300 Controller Now Shipping to Broaden its New Standard in BACnet« Offering
ECB-400 and ECB-600 Series Now Also BTL Listed as B-AAC Controllers Providing Advanced Functionality in Building Automation Applications
The ECB-300 is a microprocessor-based programmable controller designed to control various building automation applications such as small to medium air handling units, chillers, boilers, and cooling towers. The ECB-300 can be custom programmed using EC-gfxProgram graphical programming interface.
In addition, the company announced that the ECB-400 and ECB-600 Series are now also BTL Listed as B-AAC controllers, providing increased data sharing services such as read and write multiple properties, alarm generation and events management, scheduling capabilities, as well as time synchronization.
With the introduction of these B-AAC controllers, Distech Controls now offers products in all BTL device profiles for controllers, offering engineers and system integrators more flexibility and options for system design and installation.
"Our New Standard in BACnet offering has been enthusiastically adopted by our System Integrators and Channel Partners," comments Etienne Veilleux, President & CEO of Distech Controls. "Distech Controls is committed to providing the most feature-rich and innovative products in the industry. Our product line increases installation and commissioning efficiency and provides built-in energy saving features that allow our clients to be more competitive, while offering the latest technology to building owners."
Distech Controls also introduced EC-gfxProgram 4.0, its powerful and intuitive common graphical programming interface for Distech Controls' BACnet and LONWORKS controllers. A true open system offering, EC-gfxProgram 4.0 significantly increases productivity at installation, reduces overall project cost, and allows for optimized equipment operation.
For additional information on the BACnet ECB Series of controllers, visit the Distech Controls website here. To learn more about EC-gfxProgram 4.0 common graphical programming interface, visit the Distech Controls website here.
For more information
Director of Marketing and Communications
Click here to for more information about Ebtron
EBTRON and TAMCO collaborate to develop new AIR-IQ product line
Leaders in airflow measurement and control damper technologies combine expertise - announce intelligent airflow control damper products!
EBTRON, Inc., the technology leader in precision airflow measurement for more than twenty five years, and TAMCO, Inc., leading international manufacturer of premium quality, low maintenance, low leakage airflow control dampers since 1955, have successfully completed joint engineering, evaluation, testing and production system integration for the AIR-IQ airflow measuring damper assembly. Available in late spring 2011, the new AIR-IQ product line combines innovative products from both companies to be assembled at the TAMCO-USA manufacturing facility in Arizona. The AIR-IQ will be available to Air Handler/OEM customers through TAMCO Factory Sales and through all EBTRON representatives for other market segments.
The intelligent and reliable AIR-IQ airflow measuring solution provides precise airflow measurement and control with low leakage performance. Comprehensive laboratory testing verifies measurement accuracy of ▒ 5% of reading throughout the entire measurement range, without blade position interaction, and up to AMCA Class 1A air leakage performance. This exceeds the performance capabilities of any other known similar device. A wide range of damper models and options provide designers with the following benefits:
- AMCA 500-D Leakage Class 1A or 1 (model-dependent)
- AMCA 511 Certified Performance Rating (Series 1500 only, with maximum leakage at 1.7 cfm/ft2 @ 1" WC and 3.7 cfm/ft2 @ 4" WC);
- Thermal Break design frame and airfoil blades, with thermally insulated blades for practical resistance to condensation and potential for freezing;
- Salt Water corrosion resistance option with 0.7 mil anodized aluminum coating and type 316 stainless steel hardware (tested in accordance with ASTM B117)
- Dual Bearing design with self-sealing, self-lubricating and non-absorbent bearings and innovative Slip-proof linkage design ensure maintenance-free operation and a 20+ year service life.
Designers, installers and OEM's will no longer have to endure poor damper performance or the maintenance expenses associated with pressure-based devices. With low maintenance, simple installation and set up, the AIR-IQ provides OEM's, designers, contractors and users with an unbeatable combination of performance and control. The AIR-IQ provides all of the benefits of a premium, low leakage TAMCO control damper, and the NIST-traceable performance of an EBTRON model GTC116-PC measurement array, in a pre-engineered, factory assembled and tested package.
The total number of AIR-IQ features are too numerous to list. Some of the more important features and benefits include:
- Pre-engineered design with factory assembly eliminates most application issues
- EBTRON Thermal Dispersion technology with 28 years of applications and product experience
- TAMCO quality design, construction and assembly; essential for high performing dampers,
- Leakage Class 1A and 1 damper models (Leakage Class Ratings are required in motorized dampers used for ASHRAE 90.1-2010 compliance in all building heights for intake and exhaust/relief applications in most Climate Zones.)
- The AIR-IQ is available with many TAMCO damper models and options, including Air-Foil Control (1000 Series), Ultra-low Leakage (1500 Series), and Thermally Insulated (9000 Series) Dampers.
- Thermal Break construction is optional on 9000 Series damper frame and blades, making the building envelope's interior resistant to condensation and potentially freezing in cold climates
- Salt Water resistant construction option (SW) on most damper models
- Precision bead-in-glass thermistor sensors for drift-free operation and long term stability
- Thermistors are potted using a water-proof epoxy for outdoor air service with direct exposure to water
- NIST-traceable factory calibration standards assure ▒ 2% of reading sensor performance over the entire operating range
- No field calibration or adjustment is required, when installed in accordance with published guidelines
- Dampers are virtually maintenance-free, when installed in accordance with published instructions
- Standard models supply BOTH analog outputs and RS-485 communications with field selectable network protocols - at no extra cost
- Configurable with a visible and digital alarm when deficient flow range for LEED and ASHRAE 189.1 compliance is indicated.
- UL« and BTL« Listed airflow instrument
- Aerodynamic sleeve with flared entry for improved accuracy and stability in unducted applications
For more information contact: EBTRON at (800) 232-8766 from within the US, or locally at (843) 756-1828; Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the company's web site at www.EBTRON.com
Click here for more information on KMC Controls
"MAMA" Patent Issued to KMC Controls
On July 26, 2011, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office issued patent number 7,987,247 to KMC Controls, Inc. for its BACnet MS/TP Automatic MAC Addressing (MAMA). KMC Chief Technology Officer, Bruce Westphal, was primarily responsible for the patented method which automatically assigns MAC addresses to controllers on an MS/TP network. The firmware enabling this resides on all KMC BACnet Advanced Application Controllers (B-AAC) and Application Specific Controllers (B-ASC). MAMA provides significant labor savings during MS/TP installations.
Click here for more information about Viconics
The Viconics iPhone model selection App is now available for download
Viconics is pleased to announce the newest model selection application for the iPhone.
The Viconics Engineering Resource Tool (ERT) allows HVAC system integrators, estimators and consulting engineers who are interested in using Viconics products to quickly find the correct Viconics controller for any application.
Simply click on the appropriate features you require your controller to have and the Viconics Engineering Tool will quickly display the correct match and appropriate Viconics model number for your selection. Once your model appears you will be provided with a link to our website for additional product information related to your selection.
You will then be able to contact the Viconics sales team via email directly from your iPhone if more information on any of the Viconics models is required. Best of all the iPhone application can be downloaded for free from the iTunes store.
To request more information or to see our full line of building control solutions, please visit http://www.viconics.com or email us at email@example.com.