Setting the Default Material Type and Thickness
Effective Version : 2010.1.2 and higher
Recent enhancements to the SS-Design Styles have changed the way that many system default values are set. You now have the ability save many defaults through a dialog driven interface inside the Striker Systems software, eliminating the need to edit external configuration files. However, there is a side effect of these changes for users with a customized material library, especially where the default Striker Systems materials have been removed. You may receive the message "Default material does not exist in the current library" when you start a new drawing. In addition, selecting the "Save as Default" toggle in the Striker Material Library dialog will not necessarily save a default material for all new drawings. The default material values must be set in the default SS-Design Settings style to be recognized in all new drawings. This is a simple process that can be quickly performed by users on their individual systems. To set default values, including material type, in the SS-Design Style :
1) With any Striker Systems product loaded, select the Config panel pull-down menu.
2) From the pull-down select the SS-Design Preferences
The SSDesign Settings dialog should be displayed.
3) Pick the current default design style from the Styles list area. (The current default style will have "Default" beside the description.)
4) Select the Edit... button next to the Styles list area. The Style Data dialog should be displayed.
5) Set your desired default Material Type and Thickness in the Material Settings area. You can reset any of the other values in the Style Data dialog as desired.
6) Select the OK button to close the Style Data dialog.
7) You can use the Update Current Drawing button or just start a new drawing for the changes to take effect.
Changes to the default SS-Design Style will affect all future new drawings as long as the current new drawing template file does not have an invalid material type saved in it.