Welcome to the Meaningful Careers News archives. If you're new to our site, here you can catch up on past issues, sign-up for future newsletters, and partake of our many assessments and resources to guide you toward meaningful work.
And if you're regular subscriber, you can refresh your memory and read them all over again (who can remember that far back anyway?) Just click on the issue you want to read:
- October 2012 Newsletter
- Our feature story, "When Our Devices Become Vices," examines how our smartphones, tablets and blackberry's are driving us rather than the other way around -- plus a new assessment, "Are You A Technoholic? to assess how badly you're hooked.
- September 2012 Newsletter
- "Is Meaningful Work Still Possible?" -- our feature story suggests a two-pronged approach to your career -- one for the immediate short-term and another for the long-term future. Both require a strong sense of who you are, your values as well as your strengths. Plus some of our favorite reads.
- August 2012 Newsletter
- Our feature story, "Workin' La Vida VUCA," identifies a new and irreversible trend -- one that demands a shift in our thinking and approach to our careers -- plus "Your Personal VUCA Assessment," to see how prepared you are for this new model of work.
- July 2012 Newsletter
- Our Patriotic issue, focusing on life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. We examine the role meaningful work plays in a happy life.
- June 2012 Newsletter
- Our feature article, "Plenty of Work: Jobs, Not So Much," prompts a closer look at new ways of working that may offer more meaningful options. Plus reading suggestions for anyone who knows the unconditional love of a dog. Woof!
- May 2012 Newsletter
- "Meandering Toward Meaning," our feature article, which suggests a process for bringing more purpose and meaning to your work. We challenge traditional practices of career planning with more creative and experimental approaches to your career.
- April 2012 Newsletter
- "At the Intersection of Money and Soul," our feature story, offers suggestions for striking the right balance between purpose and a paycheck. Plus our newly revamped Affiliate Certification Program.
- March 2012 Newsletter
- Our feature story, "The Lost Souls of the Great Recession", offers rants as well as recipes for regaining what we've lost -- and for restoring work and workers to their rightly place.
- February 2012 Newsletter
- "Stick-to-itiveness, Steadfastness and Success" -- our take on finding success in your career -- with tips and reading recommendations.
- December 2011 Newsletter
- "Multi-Tasking: How's That Working Out For You?" our feature story, suggests and alternative called Rapid Sequential Tasking that may help you develop habits that get more done and preserve more time for family and friends -- plus a new assessment, "What's Your Tasking Style?"
- October 2011 Newsletter
- "What Is Your Jobs Plan?" In Dialogue with Mark Guterman and Dan King
- July 2011 Newsletter
- "Going to Work: A Curse or a Calling?"
In Dialogue with Mark Guterman and Dan King
- June 2011 Newsletter
- "Why Meaningful Work? And Why Now?"
In Dialogue with Mark Guterman and Dan King
- Newsletter-May 2011
- "What's Next In Your Work Life?" Are you guiding your career in the direction you want? Or is it just happening by chance? Plus details about our first teleforum.
- Newsletter-April 2011
- In our feature article, we ask the critical life question, "What Do You Want To Be When You Grow Up?" If you've never figured it out, there's still time. Plus info about new "teleforums -- and a coupon.
- Newsletter-March 2011
- "The Importance of Being Intentional," our feature article, tries to soothe you, to bring an inner calm, and leave you feeling all warm inside by the time you finish reading. Plus new teleclasses.
- Newsletter-February 2011
- Our Feature Story, "When Work Makes The Heart Grow Fonder," explores the do's and don't of engaging in a workplace romance, coupled with a new assessment "Putting Your Heart Into Work."
- Newsletter-January 2011
- "Using What You Have To Get What You Want," our feature article -- and our response to a reader's question about preparing for a new career.
- Newsletter-December 2010
- Our Holiday Issue with our feature article, "Meaning, Merriment and the Occasional Misstep" -- plus a new assessment to help you plan for the New Year.
- Newsletter-October 2010
- "Staying on Top of Your Game," our feature article -- plus a new assessment to determine your CRQ, "Change Readiness Quotient."
- Newsletter-September 2010
- "Patience, Persistence and Perspiration," our feature story -- plus a response to a reader's question about burnout.
- Newsletter-August 2010
- Our Dog Days Issue with feature article, "Working Out Work: Getting Your Career In Shape" and a stress-reducing teleclass, "Your Inner Work Life."
- Newsletter-May 2010
- "To Tweet or Not To Tweet: That Is The Question" plus "Finding Your Networking Style" Assessment.
- Newsletter-April 2010
- "From Whining to Winning," a shift in mindset for your job search -- also the Meaning Guys" answer a reader question about "schmoozing." UGH!
- Newsletter-March 2010
- "What Do You Want To Be in Your Next Life?" our feature article with predictive assessment of your "Work Hereafter Outlook (WHO)."
- Newsletter-February 2010
- Feature Article: "Can't Get No Satisfaction" plus our "Work Satisfaction Scale" to evaluate how satisfied you are with your work.
- Newsletter-January 2010
- Assessment: "Are You Ready for a Meaningful 2010?" plus our feature article. "Meaningful Work in 2010 and Beyond."
- Newsletter-December 2009
- "If Ben Franklin Were On Twitter" plus details on the new "MeaningGuys" Guides for Coaches and Trainers.
- Newsletter-November 2009
- Guest article, "Jobs, Careers and the Big Arrow" by Tom Terez -- plus recognition of Mark's "Purpose Prize Fellow" award.
- Newsletter-October 2009
- "In Support of Solitude," our feature article-- plus our response to a reader's question: How do I look for meaning in my work?"
- Newsletter-September 2009
- Feature article: "Meet the New Boss, Same As The Old Boss" plus a new assessment to evaluate how well you navigate office politics.
- Summer 2009 Newsletter
- "From Survival to Revival: Getting Ready for the Recovery" with an assessment to help you determine if you're ready.
- Spring 2009 Newsletter
- "Anxiety Up / Meaning Down" plus "Test Your Anxiety Quotient (AQ)" assessment.
- MLK Holiday Letter
- Our salute to the meaningful work of Dr. Martin Luther King with a special assessment: "Are You Making the Most of Your Inner Dr. King?"
- Happy New Year 2009
- Our Month-by-Month Guide to Navigating Your Career -- includes the "Best Of" assessments.
- Fall 2008 Newsletter
- "Spiritual Intelligence: Finding a Higher Purpose in Your Work" with an assessment to help your define your purpose.
- Summer 2008 Newsletter
- "Navigating the Middle Passage: Finding Meaning and Purpose in Mid-Life" plus the GEN-erator assessment, a tool for understanding the multi-generational workplace.
- Spring 2008 Newsletter
- "Desperate Worklives" -- including: "How Desperate Is Your Worklife," a revealing assessment.
- Winter 2008 Newsletter
- "Why Do You Work?" including Feature Article: "Finding Your Own Way."
- Fall 2007 Newsletter
- Our assessment, 'Is Your Career Caught Between a Curse and a Calling?" -- plus "It's Okay To Be Shallow."
- Summer 2007 Newsletter
- "Working Under The Influence" -- plus our "Dream Quotient" assessment. How well do you understand your dreams?
- Spring 2007 Newsletter
- Our premiere issue, "Pursuing a Paycheck With a Purpose," including "How Meaningful Is Your Work?" assessment.
With meaningful regards,
Dan and Mark
The Meaning Guys