This message brought to you by our fellow patriots with the East Mountain Tea Party
At a cost of $50,000 per day to hold the Special Session in Santa Fe, there is a lot of work to be done. However, Speaker Ben Lujan and the Democrats are dragging their feet. They have met for an average of three hours per day. One day they met for 20 minutes! They do not want to pass the Agenda, including no driver's licenses for illegals and putting a stop to "social promotion" which send a child to the next grade even though they cannot do the work, so they are trying to run out the time allotted for the Special Session.
New Mexico is near to last in many categories, including education, business friendliness, high school graduation, best place to live, etc. A new report shows that New Mexico is third in the nation in paying improper unemployment benefits (30% to the tune of $104 million) and fourth in unemployment fraud. WHY? Are we just uneducated, country bumpkins that can't get our act together? NO! It is our leadership, particularly those in the Legislature in Santa Fe, who have caused many of these problems and refused to act on real solutions. It is our state, our businesses, our money, and they are accountable to us, to we the people of New Mexico.
Their actions must change!
The NM Conservative Coalition has put together a ten-step plan that Tea Parties and Patriot groups all over the state are implementing, and we ask you join us. Why should these people be in office? Let's let them know that they won't be for long if they don't change their ways now.
CALL TO ACTION
NM Conservative Coalition
1) Complain about this slow pace to the Attorney General. When confronted about their feet-dragging one legislator in the Democrat Party claimed, "we have meetings in private where the work gets done". Really? Meetings without the Republicans? What about the Open Meetings Act which requires them, BY LAW, to meet openly so the public can see what is done?
Contact NM Attorney General Gary King
Call or fax the AG:
Phone: (505) 827-6000
Fax: (505) 827-5826
Write to him via snail mail:
Gary King, Attorney General
408 Galisteo Street, Villagra Building
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501
2) Write a letter to the editor of your local newspapers.
3) Make phone calls to Legislators, starting with Speaker Lujan's office.
4) Send emails to the legislators in Santa Fe. Get your kids and grandkids and friends and neighbors to call and write to them too.
5) Call in to talk radio shows in your area to discuss the feet-dragging by the NM Legislature.
6) Post comments on Facebook/your blog site/website.
7) Tweet comments on Twitter.
8) Make comments online in the comment area anywhere that you see this issue mentioned.
9) Spread the ten-step plan to others: at church / at your veteran groups / homeschoolers / Republican groups / etc. and ask them to join.
10) Come to Santa Fe. Attend Session Meetings. Also, while there, protest in person to the legislators in Santa Fe. Tweet what you see or the response you receive to spread the word.
Contact the NM Legislators:
PDF File: NM Legislators_2011
EXCEL FILE: NM Legislators 2011 contact