In the Kitchen With Molly
Need a hand in the kitchen? Molly can help.
From planning meals to putting them on the table, feeding a family is a big job. In the Kitchen With Molly is the next best thing to having a personal chef.
This new E-Book contains 12 weeks of menu plans, one for each month of the year, plus shopping lists and printable recipe cards. With the planning done for you, you'll have more time to spend enjoying your family or tackling other projects that need your attention.
And with Molly, the focus is always on frugality. These recipes not only save you time, but they also save you money. Trimming dollars from the grocery bill can add up to a significant difference in the family budget, and having meals planned means you'll eat out less often. That's good for your wallet and your waistline.
A Look Back . . .
September 2010 Digest:
Do you have emergency plans ready and set to go? Kids included?
Would the staples in your pantry feed your hungry household for a week? How far could you stretch it?
Invest your time wisely! Be ready for the unexpected and inspired by many low- or no-cost supplemental projects inside this essential edition of Molly's Money-Saving Digest!
September 2009 Digest:
Is your home a beautiful, cozy nest and shelter?
Start weaving your own attractive love- and dream-filled nesting place!
Make your home and décor a pleasing, personal, frugal reflection of you-with Molly's help.
Molly's Money-Saving Digest September 2009
Molly Makes $7 Slow Cooker Suppers ~ Quick & Easy
140 deliciously simple recipes --
140 wonderful ways to feed your family!
Our daily lives often seem to run on overdrive. Too frequently a healthy, home-cooked meal is one of the things sacrificed. If only you had more time! Okay, maybe you really like to cook and it's worth all the effort it takes. But every day, day in and day out, perhaps two or even three meals a day . . . 14 to 20 meals a week, whew! A homemaker needs a reprieve!
Molly Goes Camping
Do you long to enjoy and explore the great outdoors with your family?
Want to make that special connection with your kids?
Don't let a few varmints, mosquitoes, or mishaps spoil your fun. Go camping!
For the price of spending a night or two in a motel, you can outfit your family for adventure and make memories for a lifetime!
Get ready for an unforgettable experience as Molly and her fellow campers show you how, in
Molly Goes Camping.
Organize With Molly- Organization Bundle
Since our organization-focused Digests have been reader favorites, hands-down, we've decided to put together a special "organization bundle" just for you.
Earlier this month I shared some ideas for frugal gifts and party favors. This week I'm sharing some fabulous appetizer
and dessert recipes. What's a party without good food, right? Whether you are planning a football or holiday party, you will be sure to find something yummy. So, grab your binders and a snack--these recipes are sure to make you hungry!
If you haven't joined me on Pinterest or YouTube, click the links in the left sidebar. I have lots of fun stuff on both sites!
From the Blog
If you didn't make it to the blog this week, head on over to see what you've been missing. Don't forget to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!
We'd love it if you would show your support of Econobusters by sharing posts you like with your friends. The number of "tweets" and "likes" will also give me a better idea of what you'd like to see more of. Thanks so much!
Appetizers and Treat Ideas for Your Next Party
Here are some snack ideas for your next get-together!
- Chips and dips are a staple at parties. Try this White Bean Dip, Guacamole, or Roasted Red Pepper Hummus.
- If you are looking for something a little more hearty, make Lasagna Pasta Pies, Honey-Ginger Chicken Bites, Chinese-Style Turkey Meatballs, Pork and Sweet Potato Empanadas, or Ham and Cheese Spirals.
- These Curried Chicken Snackers and Barbecued Pulled Chicken Snackers look tasty.
- Taco Cups would be a hit at any party.
- Will there be kids at your party? These Quarterback Snacks, Banana Crunch Pops, or Popcorn Balls will put a smile on their faces.
- For some meatless options, try Savory Parmesan Bites, Bruschetta, Red and Green Quiche Bites, Smoky Veggie Quesadillas, Veggie Pinwheels, Slow-Roasted Cherry Tomato Bruschetta, or Sunny's Pizza Bites.
- For a sweet treat, try Cherry Crumb Bars, Double-Almond Raspberry Blossoms, Red Velvet Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting, Gooey Coconut Bars (gluten-free!), Apple Cheddar-n-Spice Cookie Tart, or Mini-Apple Pies.
Hi, Molly Members,
We've got all kinds of fun and inspiring family room links this month, so be sure to check out the September resource page after you download the September Digest. Best of all, this month Molly Members receive the E-Book Dreams and Designs, which is full of great things you can make to use with school (home or otherwise). This is a $12.45 value. Enjoy!
Not a member yet? We'd love you to join us. Only $3.95/month! And remember, if you don't want to join with monthly payments, you can pay in advance with our six-month or 12-month prepaid membership options. For only $23.70, you can enjoy six months of Money-Saving Digests, plus receive additional free E-Books and resources. This is a small investment to keep yourself armed and encouraged on your money-saving journey. The tips in each Digest easily recoup the cost!
I love to make chocolate-covered fruit for parties. It's super easy and always a big hit!
10 ounces semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
1 /2-1 tablespoon of shortening
- Mix the chocolate chips and shortening in a small pot over low heat until melted.
- Holding the strawberries by the stem, dip into the chocolate mixture until completely covered. If the mixture is too thick to evenly cover the strawberries, turn the heat up slightly, being careful not to burn the chocolate.
- Set the chocolate-covered strawberries on wax paper until the chocolate is completely dry.
It's that easy! I use this recipe for chocolate-covered cherries also. Enjoy!
Wood Chalkboard Clips
Have you ever hosted a party and had to continuously tell your guests the names of the dishes you made? I think these Wood Chalkboard Clips are so cute and practical. They would make great labels for dishes at parties. Best of all, they are reusable!
|Photo Credit: Happy Clippings|
Molly Saves! In the Family Room
Focus on your family!
Create a comfortable space and carve out some together time.
In Molly's Money-Saving Digest for September, get some tips on making your family room fun and functional--for less! With ideas on furniture, food, and family entertainment, this Digest will help you foster an atmosphere your family will love to come home to. But it doesn't stop there. You'll find plenty of other advice to help you get the most out of your money and your time.
- Having guests over? Make our featured meal mostly ahead of time.
- Find out which pet problems need emergency care--and which don't.
- Help your kids get serious about their "fun" money.
- Learn which foods can give your brain a boost.
- Pamper your feet without treading on your budget.
- Find out which book can help you with hospitality.
- Get inspired to craft your own greeting cards.
September's special feature is:
Molly Saves! In the Family Room
It's back-to-school season, and that usually means busier schedules. Don't let your family pass you like ships in the night. Get them involved in a family room makeover, grab them for a fun game, or start a new family tradition. Create a welcoming space that won't drain your wallet with the ideas you'll find in this month's Digest. Pull up a comfortable chair and make your plans for some frugal family togetherness.
Pick up some fresh peanuts and turn them into healthy, homemade snacks for family time.
Go online for inspiration, with fresh ideas for fun and furniture.
Think outside the box to find your perfect coffee/game table.
Learn how to buy entertaining electronics on a budget.
Outfit your family room with stylish practicality.
Try your hand at an upcycling project that's top-drawer.
Change your attitude, change your mind about hospitality.
Create memories for your children with a family hobby/fun/movie night every week.
Read more and see a sample HERE.