In the Kitchen With Molly
Need a hand in the kitchen? Molly can help.
From planning meals to putting them on the table, feeding a family is a big job. In the Kitchen With Molly is the next best thing to having a personal chef.
This new E-Book contains 12 weeks of menu plans, one for each month of the year, plus shopping lists and printable recipe cards. With the planning done for you, you'll have more time to spend enjoying your family or tackling other projects that need your attention.
And with Molly, the focus is always on frugality. These recipes not only save you time, but they also save you money. Trimming dollars from the grocery bill can add up to a significant difference in the family budget, and having meals planned means you'll eat out less often. That's good for your wallet and your waistline.
A Look Back . . .
September 2010 Digest:
Do you have emergency plans ready and set to go? Kids included?
Would the staples in your pantry feed your hungry household for a week? How far could you stretch it?
Invest your time wisely! Be ready for the unexpected and inspired by many low- or no-cost supplemental projects inside this essential edition of Molly's Money-Saving Digest!
September 2009 Digest:
Is your home a beautiful, cozy nest and shelter?
Start weaving your own attractive love- and dream-filled nesting place!
Make your home and décor a pleasing, personal, frugal reflection of you-with Molly's help.
Molly's Money-Saving Digest September 2009
Molly Makes $7 Slow Cooker Suppers ~ Quick & Easy 140 deliciously simple recipes --140 wonderful ways to feed your family! Our daily lives often seem to run on overdrive. Too frequently a healthy, home-cooked meal is one of the things sacrificed. If only you had more time! Okay, maybe you really like to cook and it's worth all the effort it takes. But every day, day in and day out, perhaps two or even three meals a day . . . 14 to 20 meals a week, whew! A homemaker needs a reprieve!
Molly Goes Camping
Do you long to enjoy and explore the great outdoors with your family?
Want to make that special connection with your kids?
Don't let a few varmints, mosquitoes, or mishaps spoil your fun. Go camping!
For the price of spending a night or two in a motel, you can outfit your family for adventure and make memories for a lifetime!
Get ready for an unforgettable experience as Molly and her fellow campers show you how, in
Molly Goes Camping.
Organize With Molly- Organization Bundle
Since our organization-focused Digests have been reader favorites, hands-down, we've decided to put together a special "organization bundle" just for you.
Can you believe it is already September? The holidays and all the fun activities that come with them are just around the corner. I don't know about you, but by the end of October, I find I have little time for making gifts or even shopping. So last week I scoured the web to find frugal gifts that you can give your family and friends, or use as favors at your next holiday party. Take a look around and get started early so you can relax with your family once the holidays get here!
P.S. You won't want to miss out on my Organizational Back-to-School special offer. Five of my favorite E-Books and Digests for only $15! This special ends on Sept 16th.
Also, if you haven't joined me on Pinterest or YouTube, click the links in the left sidebar. I have lots of fun stuff on both sites!
From the Blog
If you didn't make it to the blog this week, head on over to see what you've been missing. Don't forget to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!
We'd love it if you would show your support of Econobusters by sharing posts you like with your friends. The number of "tweets" and "likes" will also give me a better idea of what you'd like to see more of. Thanks so much!
Frugal Gifts and Party Favors
Here are some frugal and easy-to-make gifts and party favors.
- Candles make great gifts. Here are several ideas on how you can personalize pillar candles to create a beautiful gift.
- Fabric napkins can be given by themselves or in a gift basket with some jam and homemade bread.
- This skinny notepad and a nice pen would make a thoughtful gift.
- All of us need to wash our hands, right? Here are some decorative soaps to give as gifts or party favors: decorative hand soap, striped soap, Japanese-motif soap, or personalized graphic soap.
- These photograph tiles would make a fun personalized party favor. Some other ideas include ribbon belts, organza sachets, envelope sachets, or homemade lip balm.
- What woman wouldn't love some homemade bath snowballs, bath fizzies, or bath salts.
- For a plant enthusiast, make plantable paper or these sake-box planters.
- These custom cuff links would be a great gift for your dad or husband.
- Who wouldn't love a sweet Happy Meal?
- If you are looking for some gifts or favors for kids, check out these fun ideas from Martha Stewart: stuffed animals from one of their own drawings, a turtle night light, Polar fleece hats, fish-in-a-bag soap, candy coins, or crazy crayons.
- These lunchbox jokes would work perfectly in a favor bag, and this kids smock would make a great gift for a budding artist!
- Pair these candy sticks or marshmallow snowflakes with some hot chocolate for a sweet treat.
- Your friends will love these thoughtful homemade teas.
- This dishtowel angel is practical and would put a smile on anyone's face!
- Here's an easy-to-make fleece blanket.
- Make a cell phone case.
- Here are some gift ideas I've been collecting on Pinterest.
- If you haven't found the perfect idea yet, here are 28 more ideas from Tip Junkie.
Hi Molly Members,
Need a little help keeping focused on saving money? I know with vacation and back-to-school season, our budget has taken a hit. If you're in the same boat, hop on over to this month's member page and download the new desktop wallpaper I just added. It should help keep you on the right track! It says:
"The safest way to double your money is to fold it over once and put it in your pocket." ~Kin Hubbard
Not a member yet? We'd love you to join us. Only $3.95/month! And remember, if you don't want to join with monthly payments, you can pay in advance with our six-month or 12-month prepaid membership options. For only $23.70, you can enjoy six months of Money-Saving Digests, plus receive additional free E-Books and resources. This is a small investment to keep yourself armed and encouraged on your money-saving journey. The tips in each Digest easily recoup the cost!
Pumpkin Face Mask
I love cooking with pumpkin in the fall, but I never seem to use a whole can at one time. So this week I'm providing something a little bit different. The next time you bake with pumpkin, set aside a couple of teaspoons to make a facemask! You could give it as a gift or keep it for yourself.
2 teaspoons cooked or canned pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon honey
1/4 teaspoon milk (or whipping cream, if your skin is very dry)
- Combine all the ingredients and apply them to a clean face with gentle circular motions, avoiding the area around your eyes.
- Keep the mask on your skin for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse with warm water, pat dry, and apply your usual moisturizer.
If you liked this recipe, head over to the blog for a Pumpkin, Sugar, and Spice Scrub recipe.
This is such a neat idea! Recycle a disposable coffee cup by turning it into a mini scrapbook. Head over to Echoes of Laughter to find out how!
Molly Saves! In the Family Room
Focus on your family!
Create a comfortable space and carve out some together time.
In Molly's Money-Saving Digest for September, get some tips on making your family room fun and functional-for less! With ideas on furniture, food, and family entertainment, this Digest will help you foster an atmosphere your family will love to come home to. But it doesn't stop there. You'll find plenty of other advice to help you get the most out of your money and your time.
- Having guests over? Make our featured meal mostly ahead of time.
- Find out which pet problems need emergency care-and which don't.
- Help your kids get serious about their "fun" money.
- Learn which foods can give your brain a boost.
- Pamper your feet without treading on your budget.
- Find out which book can help you with hospitality.
- Get inspired to craft your own greeting cards.
September's special feature is:
Molly Saves! In the Family Room
It's back-to-school season, and that usually means busier schedules. Don't let your family pass you like ships in the night. Get them involved in a family room makeover, grab them for a fun game, or start a new family tradition. Create a welcoming space that won't drain your wallet with the ideas you'll find in this month's Digest. Pull up a comfortable chair and make your plans for some frugal family togetherness.
Pick up some fresh peanuts and turn them into healthy, homemade snacks for family time.
Go online for inspiration, with fresh ideas for fun and furniture.
Think outside the box to find your perfect coffee/game table.
Learn how to buy entertaining electronics on a budget.
Outfit your family room with stylish practicality.
Try your hand at an upcycling project that's top-drawer.
Change your attitude, change your mind about hospitality.
Create memories for your children with a family hobby/fun/movie night every week.
Read more and see a sample HERE.