In the Kitchen With Molly
Need a hand in the kitchen? Molly can help.
From planning meals to putting them on the table, feeding a family is a big job. In the Kitchen With Molly is the next best thing to having a personal chef.
This new E-Book contains 12 weeks of menu plans, one for each month of the year, plus shopping lists and printable recipe cards. With the planning done for you, you'll have more time to spend enjoying your family or tackling other projects that need your attention.
And with Molly, the focus is always on frugality. These recipes not only save you time, but they also save you money. Trimming dollars from the grocery bill can add up to a significant difference in the family budget, and having meals planned means you'll eat out less often. That's good for your wallet and your waistline.
A Look Back . . .
August 2010 Digest:
Store and stock up . . . adding significantly to your savings!
Get the best pick on apples . . . learning a bushel of useful information!
Grow responsible kids . . . employing time management support (with three great forms) to inspire productivity!
Learn along with Molly how to survive and thrive in today's economy! Open a wealth of homemaker's delights inside the August 2010 edition of Molly's Money-Saving Digest
August 2009 Digest:
Organization for Busy Families
August means organization for many households.
Is your home looking dignified and grand?
How impressive are your organization skills?
Start now, and strategize to organize with this motivating issue of . . .
Molly's Money-Saving Digest-August 2009
Molly Makes $7 Slow Cooker Suppers ~ Quick & Easy 140 deliciously simple recipes --140 wonderful ways to feed your family! Our daily lives often seem to run on overdrive. Too frequently a healthy, home-cooked meal is one of the things sacrificed. If only you had more time! Okay, maybe you really like to cook and it's worth all the effort it takes. But every day, day in and day out, perhaps two or even three meals a day . . . 14 to 20 meals a week, whew! A homemaker needs a reprieve!
Molly Goes Camping
Do you long to enjoy and explore the great outdoors with your family?
Want to make that special connection with your kids?
Don't let a few varmints, mosquitoes, or mishaps spoil your fun. Go camping!
For the price of spending a night or two in a motel, you can outfit your family for adventure and make memories for a lifetime!
Get ready for an unforgettable experience as Molly and her fellow campers show you how, in
Molly Goes Camping.
Molly's Super Summer Fun Pack
Make your summer spectacular with
Molly's Super Summer Fun Pack. This collection of E-Books will help you save time and money on every aspect of summer, and you'll have a great time doing it!
All six for only $15!
Organize With Molly- Organization Bundle
Since our organization-focused Digests have been reader favorites, hands-down, we've decided to put together a special "organization bundle" just for you.
Tomorrow is Toasted Marshmallow Day! It sure has been a great month for celebrating food. Earlier this month was National S'mores Day. If there is anything better than a fluffy pillow of toasted marshmallow, it's a toasted marshmallow with chocolate. And what do you think about when you think of s'mores? Camping!
In this week's newsletter, I provide yummy recipes of marshmallow goodness, some marshmallow craft ideas, and a few DIY projects for your next camping trip.
So what are you waiting for? Get out your camping gear and let's go!
P.S. You won't want to miss out on my Organizational Back-to-School special offer. Five of my favorite E-Books and Digests for only $15!
Also, if you haven't joined me on Pinterest or YouTube, click the links in the left sidebar. I have lots of fun stuff on both sites!
From the Blog
If you didn't make it to the blog this week, head on over to see what you've been missing. Don't forget to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!
- I figured out how to completely delete my housework! Stop by to find out how you can do the same.
- Andrea Woroch gives nine tips on how to save on DIY projects, just in time for those fall projects you have.
- Have you ever wanted to host your own progressive dinner? Here's how! If you've done one of your own, I'd love to hear your tips. I love the comments I've received so far.
- Don't eat boring popcorn. Instead, try these tasty popcorn recipes. Tasty, frugal family fun!
- Here's a homemade Nook case made out of materials you probably have in your home. This would make a great project for you or the kids.
- Don't forget to check out this week's Freebie Friday!
We'd love it if you would show your support of Econobusters by sharing posts you like with your friends. The number of "tweets" and "likes" will also give me a better idea of what you'd like to see more of. Thanks so much!
A Marshmallow Celebration!
Toasted marshmallows and camping go hand in hand, don't you think? In honor of Toasted Marshmallow Day, I have put my E-Book Molly Goes Camping on sale at half price! Head on over and pick up a copy. This fun E-Book is filled with recipes, packing lists, tips and tricks and many amusing stories and anecdotes. It's a fun read even if you're NOT planning on camping any time soon. This sale price of $4.48 is available today and tomorrow only.
Here are some delicious marshmallow desserts, fun marshmallow activities, and DIY camping projects to help you celebrate Toasted Marshmallow Day.
Hi Molly Members,
Need a little help keeping focused on saving money? I know with vacation and back-to-school season, our budget has taken a hit. If you're in the same boat, hop on over to this month's member page and download the new desktop wallpaper I just added. It should help keep you on the right track! It says:
"The safest way to double your money is to fold it over once and put it in your pocket." ~Kin Hubbard
Not a member yet? We'd love you to join us. Only $3.95/month! And remember, if you don't want to join with monthly payments, you can pay in advance with our six-month or 12-month prepaid membership options. For only $23.70, you can enjoy six months of Money-Saving Digests, plus receive additional free E-Books and resources. This is a small investment to keep yourself armed and encouraged on your money-saving journey. The tips in each Digest easily recoup the cost!
Simple Marshmallow Fondant
You can make beautiful cakes like they do in bakeries by covering them with fondant. Instead of buying ready-made fondant, make your own out of marshmallows.
1 16-ounce package of marshmallows (The mini marshmallows melt quicker.)
4 tablespoons water
8 cups powdered sugar
Extra powdered sugar for dusting
A bit of shortening for your hands
1 teaspoon any flavored extract
Food coloring, optional
- Place marshmallows and water in a pot on low heat to melt, stirring with a spatula so they melt evenly.
- Mix in the food coloring (if desired) and extract.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar, stirring constantly until it becomes too stiff to stir (you may not use all the sugar).
- Dust a surface with powdered sugar and transfer the dough there.
- Cover your hands in powdered sugar or shortening so the fondant doesn't stick to you.
- Knead the fondant until it is no longer sticky, adding more sugar if necessary, until it forms a nice ball.
That's it! Now you can either roll it out or wrap it up to use later. Fondant can be tricky to work with, so be sure to read these decorating tips and tips for covering cakes.
Head on over and check out these adorable Marshmallow Teacups. Your children will have almost as much fun making them as eating them. And wouldn't they make a great snack for a little girl's tea party?
Molly Saves! In the Closet
Be a frugal fashionista!
Reduce, reuse, and buy used to save money on clothing without sacrificing style.
In Molly's Money-Saving Digest for August, learn how to outfit your family inexpensively, make your own closet organizer, and even turn a spare closet into an office. But the Digest doesn't stop there. You'll find plenty of other advice to help you get the most out of your money and your time.
- Make a cool summertime treat with a few minutes of your time and a few ingredients you probably already have at hand.
- Add a versatile Mexican meal to your recipe box.
- Explore your options for making sure your pets are well-cared-for when you're away.
- Teach your kids an important financial concept for businesses.
- Discover the many benefits of drinking water.
- Learn how to protect your hair from the ravages of summertime.
- Find out which book stays on Molly's shelf year after year.
August's special feature is:
Molly Saves! In the Closet
It's easy to get carried away with clothing. From the temptation to overspend to the burden of having more clothes than storage space, wardrobes can be worrisome. In this society so focused on having it all, frugal families must hold to the belief that less is more. With a foundation of neutral basics that really fit, a smaller wardrobe can cover all the bases. This month's Digest offers up tips on practicing contentment and getting the most out of your clothing budget and your closet space.
- Find free patterns online to make your own clothes.
- Learn how to repair damaged clothing or turn lost causes into something useful.
- Thin your clothing collection to make room for a frugal and fabulous "cloffice," an office in your closet.
- Read Molly's tips on the best places to buy clothing, how to make good purchases, and how to stock your wardrobe with essential pieces.
- Learn how to turn an inexpensive cardboard shoe organizer into an organizer/storage unit with drawers.
- Explore the ins and outs of buying used.
Read more and see a sample HERE.