In the Kitchen With Molly
Need a hand in the kitchen? Molly can help.
From planning meals to putting them on the table, feeding a family is a big job. In the Kitchen With Molly is the next best thing to having a personal chef.
This new E-Book contains 12 weeks of menu plans, one for each month of the year, plus shopping lists and printable recipe cards. With the planning done for you, you'll have more time to spend enjoying your family or tackling other projects that need your attention.
And with Molly, the focus is always on frugality. These recipes not only save you time, but they also save you money. Trimming dollars from the grocery bill can add up to a significant difference in the family budget, and having meals planned means you'll eat out less often. That's good for your wallet and your waistline.
A Look Back . . .
August 2010 Digest:
Store and stock up . . . adding significantly to your savings!
Get the best pick on apples . . . learning a bushel of useful information!
Grow responsible kids . . . employing time management support (with three great forms) to inspire productivity!
Learn along with Molly how to survive and thrive in today's economy! Open a wealth of homemaker's delights inside the August 2010 edition of Molly's Money-Saving Digest
August 2009 Digest:
Organization for Busy Families
August means organization for many households.
Is your home looking dignified and grand?
How impressive are your organization skills?
Start now, and strategize to organize with this motivating issue of . . .
Molly's Money-Saving Digest-August 2009
Molly Makes $7 Slow Cooker Suppers ~ Quick & Easy 140 deliciously simple recipes --140 wonderful ways to feed your family! Our daily lives often seem to run on overdrive. Too frequently a healthy, home-cooked meal is one of the things sacrificed. If only you had more time! Okay, maybe you really like to cook and it's worth all the effort it takes. But every day, day in and day out, perhaps two or even three meals a day . . . 14 to 20 meals a week, whew! A homemaker needs a reprieve!
Molly Goes Camping
Do you long to enjoy and explore the great outdoors with your family?
Want to make that special connection with your kids?
Don't let a few varmints, mosquitoes, or mishaps spoil your fun. Go camping!
For the price of spending a night or two in a motel, you can outfit your family for adventure and make memories for a lifetime!
Get ready for an unforgettable experience as Molly and her fellow campers show you how, in
Molly Goes Camping.
Molly's Super Summer Fun Pack
Make your summer spectacular with
Molly's Super Summer Fun Pack. This collection of E-Books will help you save time and money on every aspect of summer, and you'll have a great time doing it!
All six for only $15!
Organize With Molly- Organization Bundle
Since our organization-focused Digests have been reader favorites, hands-down, we've decided to put together a special "organization bundle" just for you.
Lemons make me smile. They are so bright and cheery, aren't they?
Here's something else that should make you smile. They have a lot of health benefits. Lemon helps increase the amount of bile that your liver produces, aiding in digestion. It also helps relieve toothaches and sore throats, fights acne, gives you radiant skin, and much more!
I squeeze a wedge of lemon into a glass of water each day to gain the benefits. Be careful, though! Lemons are very acidic and can harm your teeth's enamel over time. You can help prevent that by drinking through a straw and rinsing your mouth with water afterward.
In this week's digest, I provide tips and tutorials for all the ways you can use lemons.
P.S. You won't want to miss out on my Organizational Back-to-School special offer. Five of my favorite E-Books and Digests for only $15!
Also, if you haven't joined me on Pinterest or YouTube, click the links in the left sidebar. I have lots of fun stuff on both sites!
From the Blog
If you didn't make it to the blog this week, head on over to see what you've been missing. Don't forget to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!
- My hubby is working long, harvest hours. Take a look at my easy allergy-friendly lunches solution.
- Need help getting organized for the school year? You'll definitely want to take advantage of the resources in my amazing Back-to-School Bundle special offer!
- Need an office but don't have an extra room? Check out these inspiring"cloffices"! Maybe one will give you just the push you need to create your own.
- Today is the last day to enter to win Math for Grownups! The contest ends at midnight, Pacific. (Watch for a new contest later this week.)
- Check out my Super Storage Solutions video on my new Youtube channel!
- Lisa Barthuly uses up 10 quarts of free whipping cream by making homemade butter. She even gives a detailed tutorial.
- This link will help you visualize our county's debt. Beware: it's pretty shocking!
- Do you think it's stealing to use a Costco Cash Card instead of a membership? And when you shop, where do you draw the line between being thrifty and greedy?
- Don't forget to check out this week's Freebie Friday!
- I made homemade freezer smoothies kits last weekend. You can too!
We'd love it if you would show your support of Econobusters by sharing posts you like with your friends. The number of "tweets" and "likes" will also give me a better idea of what you'd like to see more of. Thanks so much!
When Life Gives You Lemons . . . Be Thankful!
Photo Credit: Patricia Hunter
In this section, I have gathered recipes, home and beauty tutorials, and some free printables to help you celebrate this amazing fruit. Enjoy!
Hi Molly Members,
My August Digest, Molly Saves! In the Closet is available in your Member Pages so hop on over and download it now. This is a great issue with all kinds of organizational and money-saving clothes and closet-related tips.
Not a member yet? We'd love you to join us. Only $3.95/month! And remember, if you don't want to join with monthly payments, you can pay in advance with our six-month or 12-month prepaid membership options. For only $23.70, you can enjoy six months of Money-Saving Digests, plus receive additional free E-Books and resources. This is a small investment to keep yourself armed and encouraged on your money-saving journey. The tips in each Digest easily recoup the cost!
Fellow frugalista DeBi provides another allergy-friendly recipe. This versatile cake can be easily dressed up for dinner parties by adding fresh berries, or kept simple with a light sprinkling of confectioner's sugar. The recipe was adapted from the Food Allergy Mama's Baking Book.
1/2 cup dairy-free margarine
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
3/4 cup silken tofu
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup soy or rice milk
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 cups confectioner's sugar
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
3-4 teaspoons soy or rice milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and spray a 13- by 9-inch baking dish with dairy-free cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the margarine and granulated sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add 1 teaspoon lemon zest and the tofu, beating well.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt with a wire whisk.
- Add the flour mixture to the margarine mixture, alternating each addition with soy milk, and beat well.
- Stir in the lemon juice.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- To make the glaze, combine all the glaze ingredients in a small bowl, adjusting the soy or rice milk until you reach the desired consistency. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake.
For beautiful skin, try this amazing Lemon-Green Tea Sugar Scrub! It will leave your skin feeling smooth and refreshed. This would also make a great gift!
Molly Saves! In the Closet
Be a frugal fashionista!
Reduce, reuse, and buy used to save money on clothing without sacrificing style.
In Molly's Money-Saving Digest for August, learn how to outfit your family inexpensively, make your own closet organizer, and even turn a spare closet into an office. But the Digest doesn't stop there. You'll find plenty of other advice to help you get the most out of your money and your time.
- Make a cool summertime treat with a few minutes of your time and a few ingredients you probably already have at hand.
- Add a versatile Mexican meal to your recipe box.
- Explore your options for making sure your pets are well-cared-for when you're away.
- Teach your kids an important financial concept for businesses.
- Discover the many benefits of drinking water.
- Learn how to protect your hair from the ravages of summertime.
- Find out which book stays on Molly's shelf year after year.
August's special feature is:
Molly Saves! In the Closet
It's easy to get carried away with clothing. From the temptation to overspend to the burden of having more clothes than storage space, wardrobes can be worrisome. In this society so focused on having it all, frugal families must hold to the belief that less is more. With a foundation of neutral basics that really fit, a smaller wardrobe can cover all the bases. This month's Digest offers up tips on practicing contentment and getting the most out of your clothing budget and your closet space.
- Find free patterns online to make your own clothes.
- Learn how to repair damaged clothing or turn lost causes into something useful.
- Thin your clothing collection to make room for a frugal and fabulous "cloffice," an office in your closet.
- Read Molly's tips on the best places to buy clothing, how to make good purchases, and how to stock your wardrobe with essential pieces.
- Learn how to turn an inexpensive cardboard shoe organizer into an organizer/storage unit with drawers.
- Explore the ins and outs of buying used.
Read more and see a sample HERE.