In the Kitchen With Molly
Need a hand in the kitchen? Molly can help.
From planning meals to putting them on the table, feeding a family is a big job. In the Kitchen With Molly is the next best thing to having a personal chef.
This new E-Book contains 12 weeks of menu plans, one for each month of the year, plus shopping lists and printable recipe cards. With the planning done for you, you'll have more time to spend enjoying your family or tackling other projects that need your attention.
And with Molly, the focus is always on frugality. These recipes not only save you time, but they also save you money. Trimming dollars from the grocery bill can add up to a significant difference in the family budget, and having meals planned means you'll eat out less often. That's good for your wallet and your waistline.
A Look Back . . .
July 2010 Digest:
Do you know how to be respectfully lazy? To take some time to observe and appreciate the beauty and miracles in creation around us, reconnect with family and friends, and simply enjoy the company of those closest to us?
From a picnic day for someone special, to summer sales, great park activities, oven-less recipes, and more, this edition of Molly's Money-Saving Digest is superb!
July 2009 Digest:
You're on a tight budget and the kids are growing out of their clothes. What options do you have?
Are you a bit challenged in the sewing department, or do you wonder if sewing is really worthwhile?
Don't miss out on this special, fun issue of . . . Frugal Fashion
Molly Makes $7 Slow Cooker Suppers ~ Quick & Easy 140 deliciously simple recipes --140 wonderful ways to feed your family! Our daily lives often seem to run on overdrive. Too frequently a healthy, home-cooked meal is one of the things sacrificed. If only you had more time! Okay, maybe you really like to cook and it's worth all the effort it takes. But every day, day in and day out, perhaps two or even three meals a day . . . 14 to 20 meals a week, whew! A homemaker needs a reprieve!
Molly Goes Camping
Do you long to enjoy and explore the great outdoors with your family?
Want to make that special connection with your kids?
Don't let a few varmints, mosquitoes, or mishaps spoil your fun. Go camping!
For the price of spending a night or two in a motel, you can outfit your family for adventure and make memories for a lifetime!
Get ready for an unforgettable experience as Molly and her fellow campers show you how, in
Molly Goes Camping.
Molly's Super Summer Fun Pack
Make your summer spectacular with
Molly's Super Summer Fun Pack. This collection of E-Books will help you save time and money on every aspect of summer, and you'll have a great time doing it!
All six for only $15!
Organize With Molly- Organization Bundle
Since our organization-focused Digests have been reader favorites, hands-down, we've decided to put together a special "organization bundle" just for you.
Do you love strawberries as much as I do? I know I can't be the only one. Eating fresh strawberries is one of the many things I look forward to about summer.
In this week's newsletter I provide links to delicious recipes, crafts, and fun activities about . . . strawberries!
Have a safe and festive Fourth of July! Don't forget to thank a serviceman or servicewoman for protecting our country's freedom. And if you need some last-minute celebration ideas, check out last week's newsletter.
From the Blog
If you didn't make it to the blog this week, head on over to see what you've been missing. Don't forget to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!
Molly's Super Summer Fun Pack! Over 50% Off!
Show your support of Econobusters by sharing posts you like with your friends. The number of "tweets" and "likes" will also give me a better idea of what you'd like to see more of. Thanks so much!
Strawberries--They Are Berry Delicious!
Strawberries are one of my favorite fruits! Here are some recipes, crafts, and tips about strawberries.
- Strawberry shortcake is a favorite in our home. Here's a recipe for making shortcake. Or if you'd like a new twist on an old favorite, try these Strawberry Shortcake Cookies.
- There are so many yummy strawberry recipes, it is hard to choose! Here are some additional dessert options: Strawberry-Pretzel Pie, Strawberry Pops, Strawberry Sponge Pudding, Strawberry Sorbet, Grilled Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies (that's right, grilled!), Strawberry Soup, and Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes.
- A couple of lighter desserts that look good are Strawberries With Mint Whipped Cream and Yogurt With Strawberries and Honey.
- Strawberry Bread would make a tasty breakfast or mid-day snack.
- You can make this Quick Strawberry Jam and print out these cute labels for the jars.
- Strawberry Butter makes a delicious spread on homemade muffins or biscuits!
- Arugula Salad With Strawberries would be a great side for any meal.
- A cold glass of Strawberry Lemonade or Strawberry Soda will hit the spot on a hot summer day! You can also find a recipe for Strawberry Punch in my July Digest!
- Want to grow your own strawberries? Check out these tips.
- If you are feeling crafty, make strawberries out of walnuts, a cute strawberry pincushion, or a strawberry stamp.
- Here are some strawberry Mother's Day printables. They don't all say "mom" on them, so you could use them for other celebrations too.
- Head over to the Strawberry Patch for more activities and some fun strawberry facts.
Hi, Molly Members,
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this month's Digest. The ideas and examples are unbelievable. Even if you don't have a baby in your life, this issue is jam-packed with useful tips and tools. Not only that, your member pages are filled with additional freebies and resources as well. If you haven't done so yet, visit your Member Page to download the July Digest and freebies. (Get to you Member Pages by visiting www.econobusters.com and logging in at the top of the blog.)
Not a member yet? We'd love you to join us. Only $3.95/month! And remember, if you don't want to join with monthly payments, you can pay in advance with our six-month or 12-month prepaid membership options. For only $23.70, you can enjoy six months of Money-Saving Digests, plus receive additional free E-Books and resources. This is a small investment to keep yourself armed and encouraged on your money-saving journey. The tips in each Digest easily recoup the cost!
This recipe is super easy, delicious, and always a big hit!
1 pound rhubarb, cut into 1/4-inch slices
3/4 cup sugar
1 (3-ounce) package strawberry flavored gelatin mix
1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 cup water
1/4 cup margarine, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9- by 13-inch baking pan.
- Spread the rhubarb evenly in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the rhubarb, then the gelatin mix, and finally the cake mix.
- Pour the water and melted margarine over the top. Do not stir, but make sure the dry ingredients are evenly covered by the wet ingredients. If needed, take a spray bottle and lightly mist water over any spots that were missed.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the rhubarb is tender.
Do you have a small outdoor space but would still like to grow your own strawberries? Try making this upside down hanging strawberry planter. Topsy-Turvy strawberry planters retail for $15 or more. This one was made for about $3.
Molly Saves! In the Nursery!
Get sweet dreams for a song!
It's lullabies and good buys in
Molly's Money-Saving Digest
Outfit a nursery for less, welcome babies with handmade gifts, and celebrate impending motherhood with the ideas you'll find in this month's Digest. From diapers to décor, we have it covered. But the Digest doesn't stop there. You'll find plenty of other useful advice to get the most out of your money and your time.
- Learn how to make a punch that's pretty and inexpensive, too.
- Make a frugal and fuss-free meal your kids will love.
- Get expert advice on pet medications and online pet pharmacies.
- Find help for teens who are looking for a car.
- Follow our tutorial to make your own lap desk from items around the house.
- Explore the physical and mental benefits of walking for exercise.
- Bring your blender out of the cupboard and put it to work again.
July's special feature is:
Molly Saves! In the Nursery
For such small sweeties, babies sure do need a lot of stuff! Clothing, food, diapering items, toys, creams, lotions, powders, shampoos-whew! The list goes on and on, and the cost goes up and up. Besides those daily essentials, you also have the expense of a nursery and its furniture. But beautiful rooms and baby's necessities can be had on a budget. Molly and friends offer up great ideas for frugally feeding, clothing, and decorating for the newest member of the family.
- Learn where to find online tutorials for making everything from baby furniture to baby shampoo.
- Check out Eleanor Joyce's ideas for special baby gifts that will be treasured for years to come.
- Read all about the diapering choices available to families today.
- Get some tips on throwing a fun and frugal baby shower.
- Learn how to treat a rash, both for babies and for bigger people.
- Find out which baby food resource Molly recommends.
- Be inspired by five moms' ideas on outfitting nurseries inexpensively.
Read full details and see a sample here.