Kick your kitchen up a notch!
Follow our recipe to keep the heart of your home beating efficiently!
Molly's Money-Saving Digest for June helps you get a handle on the busiest room in your home: your kitchen! From keeping track of recipes to cutting the time you spend cooking, this issue has practical advice for moms on a budget. But the Digest doesn't stop there. You'll find plenty of other useful advice to get the most out of your money and your time.
- Try a salad and dessert combo that you can make ahead and take along.
- Learn what size your pet should be (it will probably surprise you)!
- Is your teen considering a car? Molly tells what to look for.
- Discover which natural remedies you already have in your pantry.
- Find out which foods make for a good facial.
- Read about a frugal cookbook that Molly recommends.
- Explore ways of getting food that don't involve a grocery store.
- Find inspiration in one reader's story of a frugal idea that paid off.
June's special feature is:
In The Kitchen
If the kitchen is the heart of the home, then Mom is the heartbeat. Many moms direct a lot of time and attention to that one room of the house, cooking meals and serving up love to their families every day. That job becomes easier when your organizational skills are put to work-planning ahead, using your time efficiently, and knowing where to find what you need. This month's Digest gives you some basic ingredients of a well-run kitchen:
- Learn which pantry items can substitute for the one you forgot to buy.
- Check out some free Internet resources, including grocery lists and planners, advice on organization, and frugal décor ideas.
- Join Eleanor Joyce in her imperfect quest to save recipes for posterity.
- Read about even more ideas for organizing and saving your recipes.
- Discover how to remodel your kitchen on the cheap-with Craigslist.
- Find out two keys to getting food on the table fast.
- Follow our tutorial to make your own lazy Susan.
"I am so excited about the June Digest! Who knew food could be used for soothing ailments and troubleshooting skin problems in addition to nourishing our bodies?"
Take a closer look at all the impressive features you'll find in this month's Digest:
· This 'n' That: Need a pet? It's Adopt-a-Cat Month. This month also celebrates plenty for our plates, including dairy, fruits and vegetables, and turkey.
· Begin With the Basics: Every cook at one time or another has started a recipe, only to find that an ingredient is missing from the pantry. This month, find a long list of pantry items that can substitute for other ingredients and save yourself another trip to the store.
· Forms & Printables: Planning meals ahead means never having to wonder what's for dinner. Find free Internet printables that can help you stay on top of your grocery list and meal planning. Also find some cute and frugal ideas for storage and kitchen tools.
· Décor & More: Eleanor Joyce shares how she finally overcame the stumbling blocks of her perfectionist tendencies and lack of technical expertise and started saving her recipes for a family cookbook. If she can do it, you can too!
· Meal of the Month: This month, cool off with a Moroccan Garbanzo Salad and have a Mocha Ricotta Crème for dessert. This no-cook meal can be made ahead of time, and it's easy to take along for a summer outing or dinner party.
· Organizing Recipes: Learn a couple of ways to organize those recipes you've cut out, printed, or written and stuffed into a cookbook, notebook, or disheveled box. First, you have to purge the ones you'll never use.
· A Craigslist Kitchen Remodel: Read how one family got a stylish and new-looking kitchen for a fraction of the retail cost by scouring Craigslist for gently used, high-end materials. If you're willing to spend some time searching, you can find some great deals.
· Homemade Convenience Foods: Author Marcia Washburn had to figure out how to serve fresh, wholesome food to her husband and five sons without spending hours in the kitchen. Her Homemade Convenience Foods system relies on keeping the pantries stocked and making recipes as efficient as possible.
See why homemakers love Molly's Digest-see what's inside!
There's even more ...
· Pet Care for Pennies: You may be surprised to learn that your pleasantly plump pet is actually obese, which costs you more in both food and veterinary care, not to mention shaving years off your pet's life. Find out what your dog or cat should look like.
· Tightwad Training Camp: Molly tells young people what to consider when they choose their first car, from price to gas mileage to style to safety.
· Something Old, Something New: Sharon White takes you step-by-step through making your own lazy Susan, a simple and useful kitchen tool that has never been replaced by technology.
· Here's to Your Health: Check your kitchen for natural home remedies for everything from heartburn to chapped lips. How about sugar to treat hiccups? Or cayenne for dizziness?
· You're a Natural Beauty: Treat your skin with ingredients from your pantry. A chocolate mask, for example, won't make you put on any pounds, but it could detoxify and hydrate your skin.
· Molly Recommends: Learn about one of Molly's favorite resources for frugal cooking and stewardship. This cookbook gives you food for thought along with its recipes.
· Change One Thing This Month: The cheapest groceries may not be in your grocery store. Consider going directly to the source, using your sweat equity, or buying in bulk, among other suggestions, to give you more options.
· Inspiration! Read about how one reader saved money, and even made money, by doing a job for others while she did it for herself.
· Directory of Links: For those of you who print and bind your Digests, you'll have easy access to all of the fantastic links worth saving in the back of this issue. It makes your Digest easier to use!
Need to economize? Subscribe to a
For only $3.95 a month (cancel any time!)
you receive not only the monthly
Molly's Money-Saving Digest, but also much more!
Here's what homemakers are saying about the June Molly's Digest:
"Eleanor Joyce shares how she finally overcame perfectionism to start digital recipe collections for her children . . . and she shares exactly, right down to the smallest details, how she's doing it. If you have projects waiting for someday, you'll find her article so inspiring!"
- Annie Kate
"I absolutely love the emergency substitutions list! You don't know how many times I have been out of an ingredient, even with a pot on the stove, that I need to add to the dish that I am making. I have been known to turn off the stove and run over to the store to purchase the correct spice. I can't wait to print this out and put it in the front of my recipe binder. Thank you Molly, you helped me again.
"Who would have thought that the food that God provided for us could also keep us beautiful. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I think it is great that I can use the supplies listed in the "Here's food on my face" article to save me money on the expensive face masks and beauty products. Thanks Molly!"
"I loved the article "Smaller Than a Breadbox, Bigger Than a Table." I too, am not exactly technologically advanced. This article really put it into plain English for me that I might be able to utilize my computer for something other than Facebook. . . . The ingredient substitution list would be great taped inside my favorite go-to cookbook. And I had no idea that there was a way to be notified when something you're searching for comes up on Craigslist-this could be trouble! I can definitely see my daughter and I playing around with
homemade face masks."
Every month, Molly has a wealth of information and support to share in one easy-to-read, handy resource! Discover for yourself all of the exciting and imaginative ideas Molly has to offer and wants to share with you-ideas that could save you big money and needless headaches!
You'll glean some of the best inexpensive ideas and projects for everyday living that you can find, and be inspired to be self-confident, creative, and resourceful too.
For just $4.95 download the June Molly's Money-Saving Digest now!
Or become a monthly Molly Member and subscribe for only $3.95 per month!
Molly makes it fun and easier to be frugal! Think about it-with so much to learn and save, if you apply just one money-saving idea, you'll recoup the cost of this E-Book right away!
Join Molly daily and follow her
adventures in fiscally responsible homemaking at
And then keep watching for next month's Molly's Money-Saving Digest.