|In the Kitchen With Molly
Need a hand in the kitchen? Molly can help.
From planning meals to putting them on the table, feeding a family is a big job. In the Kitchen With Molly is the next best thing to having a personal chef.
This new E-Book contains 12 weeks of menu plans, one for each month of the year, plus shopping lists and printable recipe cards. With the planning done for you, you'll have more time to spend enjoying your family or tackling other projects that need your attention.
And with Molly, the focus is always on frugality. These recipes not only save you time, but they also save you money. Trimming dollars from the grocery bill can add up to a significant difference in the family budget, and having meals planned means you'll eat out less often. That's good for your wallet and your waistline.
A Look Back . . .
April 2010 Digest:
Homemade Happiness ~ Frugal Fun and Games
Let it pour . . .
Gather the whole family indoors for some wholehearted, frugal fun!
Overflowing with thrifty, cheerful inspiration to use in the kitchen, on the workbench, for active learning, and for entertainment!
April 2009 Digest:
Making a Frugal Fresh Start
Spring cleaning is a time-honored tradition, but Molly Green and her
Money-Saving Digest for April
will show you some simple steps to do it in a new way as you spruce things up on a shoestring and organize without spending!
Molly Makes $7 Slow Cooker Suppers ~ Quick & Easy 140 deliciously simple recipes --140 wonderful ways to feed your family! Our daily lives often seem to run on overdrive. Too frequently a healthy, home-cooked meal is one of the things sacrificed. If only you had more time! Okay, maybe you really like to cook and it's worth all the effort it takes. But every day, day in and day out, perhaps two or even three meals a day . . . 14 to 20 meals a week, whew! A homemaker needs a reprieve!
Molly Goes Camping
On SALE NOW!
Do you long to enjoy and explore the great outdoors with your family?
Want to make that special connection with your kids?
Don't let a few varmints, mosquitoes, or mishaps spoil your fun. Go camping!
For the price of spending a night or two in a motel, you can outfit your family for adventure and make memories for a lifetime!
Get ready for an unforgettable experience as Molly and her fellow campers show you how, in
Molly Goes Camping.
|Your blog or business here!|
Email me for our affordable rates and advertising options.
I'm sure you've heard the saying, "when in doubt, throw it out." Today, I'm telling you to do the opposite! I'm always amazed at the great projects Sharon White comes up with in our Something Old, Something New article in each of our Money-Saving Digests. She never fails to impress. If you haven't seen her articles, I've added a sampler of projects (her very first article, I believe) from our June 2010 Digest , to my Freebies page . The Freebies page is a work in progress, so check back often!
In this week's newsletter, I challenge you to take a fresh look at things before you toss them out to see if they can be made into something new. I've included some fun upcycling projects and tutorials to get your wheels turning.
Have fun and be sure to let me know what you come up with!
P.S. Be sure to check out our amazing Mother's Day Giveaway!
From the Blog
If you didn't make it to the blog this week, head on over to see what you've been missing. Don't forget to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!
- Buying drinks on the go can be spendy. Try my thrifty travel drink tip and share yours.
- I am interviewing Mr. Coupon! I want to know what you want to know! Leave comments with your questions for Mr. Coupon and I'll choose the best five to ask.
- See how I wrapped a baby shower gift using some creative gift wrap ideas (and without spending any money).
- What did you think of this week's Extreme Couponing? I shared my thoughts and love hearing yours.
- One lucky mom will win this necklace and many other great prizes in our Mother's Day Giveaway! This was the sneak peek, but now you can see the WHOLE AMAZING GIVEAWAY.
- Don't forget to check out this week's Freebie Friday!
- Visit my new Molly's Freebies page as well. Check back as I'll continue to add to it.
- And now for the big reveal. We have been putting this Mother's Day Giveaway together for months! Hop on over, check out the amazing prizes (worth over $450!!) and get entered to win!
Show your support of Econobusters by sharing posts you like with your friends. The number of "tweets" and "likes" will also give me a better idea of what you'd like to see more of. Thanks so much!
Turn Your Old Junk Into a New Treasure
Take a second look at things before you toss them away in the garbage - they may be able to be used for a new creation! Here are a few tutorials to give you some ideas.
For more upcycling ideas, become a Molly Member. Every month, our talented guest writer, Sharon White shares a new upcycling project in "Something Old, Something New." You don't want to miss it! You can download a sampling of her projects from our June 2010 Digest on our Freebies Page. Click the Something Old, Something New link.
Hi Molly Members,
I hope you've all had a chance to log in and download the April Digest, Molly Saves on the Go!
It's here just in time for spring vacation and planning ahead for summer. Remember, Molly Members, all get an automatic entry in our Mother's Day Giveaway package, so hop over to the blog and leave a comment with your username.
You'll also find lots of travel-related freebies and downloads this month. In addition to two full-size E-Books you'll find links to:
- Homemade car cleansers
- Printable travel checklists
- Travel and vacation planners
- Frugal RV makeovers
- Printable travel puzzles and downloads
- and much more!
Not a member yet? We'd love you to join us..Only $3.95/month! And remember, if you don't want to join using monthly payments, you can pay in advance with our six-month or 12-month prepaid membership options. For only $23.70 you can enjoy six months of Money-Saving Digests, plus receive additional free E-Books and resources. This is a small investment to keep yourself armed and encouraged on your money-saving journey. The tips in each Digest easily recoup the cost!
These lettuce wraps will make a tasty snack for your kids or finger food for your guests.
24 Bibb lettuce leaves
9 ounces chicken
1 medium carrot, julienned
1/2 green mango, julienned
1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus extra for the pan
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar, plus more to taste
1 teaspoon salt
Ground pepper to taste
- Stir the vinegar, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl until the sugar is dissolved. Add in the carrots and mango and toss together.
- Heat a lightly oiled pan on high heat.
- In a shallow dish, mix the lime juice, ginger, and oil; season with salt and pepper to taste. Marinate the chicken in this mixture for 5 minutes.
- Cook the chicken in the pan until browned, about 1 to 3 minutes per side.
- Cut the chicken into thin slices and then toss into the carrot mixture.
- Divide the chicken and carrot mixture evenly among the lettuce leaves and drizzle with juice leftover from the mixture.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
Make a Beautiful Bench Out of an Old Bed Set!
Head on over to My Repurposed Life and check out this beautiful bench that was made from an old headboard and footboard. I would love to have this on my front porch!
|Photo credit: Gail Wilson|
Get Your Motor Running!
Ease on down the road with tips for family travel in Molly's Money-Saving Digest for April and take a detour around the usual stress and expense.
Even if a road trip isn't on your horizon, you'll find plenty of useful advice this month, including frugal projects, nutritious food, financial teaching for kids, and much more!
- Treat your family to a hearty, easy meal.
- Brush up on the basics of grooming your pet.
- Teach your kids about budgeting.
- Use salvaged materials to create a useful camp stool.
- Find out which free websites can spur you on to better fitness.
- Mix up some homemade help for hard-working hands.
- Check out the many benefits of using your library.
- Get inspired to use your crafting talents for others.
April's special feature is:
Molly Saves on the Go
Are we there yet? Molly can help you arrive at your destination with more of your sanity and wallet intact. Loading up on junk food at every stop. Boredom wafting from the back seat. Squabbles resulting from said boredom. Does this sound all too familiar? Stop trouble in its tracks and make your car trip more enjoyable for everyone with the advice in this month's Digest.
Read a full description here.