Make your bedroom an oasis this winter!
SAVE as you frugally feather your nest with comfort for peaceful slumbers.
But February's Molly's Money-Saving Digest doesn't stop at the bedroom door. It's chock-full of advice for home and family: repurposed projects; nutritious food for family members, including the furry ones; financial teaching for kids; organization and décor; and much more!
- Shower your family with love and pancakes!
- Investigate cut flowers and houseplants.
- Feed your crowd a meal that's both easy and healthy!
- Prepare your kids for keeping their own checkbooks.
- Find out what your dog or cat really needs in his food.
- Let your old wool sweaters keep you warm in another form.
February's special feature is:
Molly Saves in the Bedroom
We spend a third of our lives sleeping, so make sure that time is as lovely and comfortable as possible! Is your bedroom restful or a stress-inducing jumble? Is it a repository for fluffy pillows and soft linens, or is it a catchall for laundry, paperwork, books, and other items? It's worth the effort to clear the clutter and turn the room over to its intended purpose: rest! After the clutter is gone, it's time to concentrate on beauty and comfort.
- Find out how to choose the right mattress and pillow for you and your spouse.
- Discover the characteristics of sheets and how they differ.
- Learn how to extend the life of your mattress, pillows, and linens to protect your investment and keep you comfortable longer.
- Explore the options for bedcoverings and dust ruffles.
- Make a lavender spray to keep your sheets smelling fresh.
- Give your kids' bedrooms a makeover as well!
- Educate yourself on sleep, how you can get more of it, and how important it is to your health.
Did you know that people are more beautiful after sleeping long enough? "Here's to Your Health" discusses many surprising benefits of sleep and then gives suggestions for improving our quality of sleep. Here's to a relaxed, productive, and beautiful year!
Check out all the impressive features you'll find in this month's Digest:
- This 'n' That: February is a good month to buy bedding. And don't forget the sale on chocolate after Feb. 14. You've heard of Presidents Day and Groundhog Day, but did you know about Make a Friend Day?
- Begin With the Basics: Delight your family with a breakfast of homemade pancakes or waffles. We give you some tips from an experienced pancake maker.
- Forms & Printables: Tackle your disorganized closet with help from the Internet. Printable forms can help you inventory your items, and articles give you ideas for storing what you decide to keep.
- Décor & More: This month, if you receive some cut flowers from your sweetheart, find out how to make them last longer. Houseplants are a thrifty way to add life to your home, but that isn't all. They also improve the air quality!
- Pet Care for Pennies: Find out which diets are good for your dog or cat and which are just hype. Often the "holistic," "natural," very expensive food is actually worse for your pet, though the cheapest brand isn't the best choice either. Dr. Tiffany J. Rule helps you sort it all out.
- Tightwad Training Camp: Molly helps your kids learn about keeping a handle on their finances, now and as adults. This month, children find out about checkbook registers and practice recording transactions.
See why homemakers love Molly's digest--see what's inside!
There's even more ...
- Something Old, Something New: Those old wool sweaters you find in the back of your closet or at the thrift store still have some warmth left in them. Let us show you how to turn them into a beautiful and comfortable throw for the bedroom or any room.
- Here's to Your Health: A good night's sleep is important to your health. We share tips on frugal ways to make sure you're getting the best sleep you can. Here's one: Take the TV out of the bedroom.
- You're a Natural Beauty: Mix up some homemade moisturizers to save money and promote great-looking skin. If you don't want to use a recipe, check out our list of natural moisturizers that stand alone. You probably have a few of them in your pantry right now!
- Molly Recommends: If you get just one book on living simply and being frugal, make it The Complete Tightwad Gazette. This hefty tome offers advice on saving money in all areas of life, so you're sure to find something that will help you in your particular situation.
- Change One Thing This Month: Find out how a gift closet can save you money and simplify your gift-giving. Have you ever been surprised by a friend's unexpected gift? Never be caught empty-handed again!
- Inspiration! Discover what one thrifty family does with the beautiful Christmas and birthday cards they hated to throw away.
- Directory of Links: For those of you who print and bind your Digests, you'll have easy access to all of the fantastic links worth saving in the back of this issue. It makes your Digest easier to use!
Need to economize?
Subscribe to a Molly Membership!
For only $3.95 a month (cancel any time!) you receive not only the monthly Molly's Money-, but also much more!
Here's what homemakers are saying about the February Molly's Digest:
"Our family loves pancakes, and thanks to Molly's February Digest we found a new family favorite recipe. The gift closet idea is something that is going to save me a lot of money this year. I can't wait to get started."
"I've been trying to use more natural products in my home lately. I was so happy to see Molly's article on homemade moisturizers. For most of them I already had most of the ingredients at home. I can't wait to try the honey mixture!"
"Nothing says February like fabulous flapjacks!! You will certainly have your fill with wonderful pancake and waffle recipes....who knows maybe you'll even get your husband or kids to make you some!"
"This month's 'Something Old, Something New' showcases a cozy wool blanket made from old sweaters. As the author, Sharon, was working on this project she combined it with a Bible study, ending up with a useful and concrete reminder of God's love for her. What a lovely way to fill a home with Truth!"
Every month, Molly has a wealth of information and support to share in one easy-to-read, handy resource! Discover for yourself all of the exciting and imaginative ideas Molly has to offer and wants to share with you--ideas that could save you big money and needless headaches!
You'll glean some of the best, inexpensive ideas and projects for everyday living that you can find, and be inspired to be self-confident, creative, and resourceful too.
Molly makes it fun and easier to be frugal! Think about it--with so much to learn and save, if you apply just one money-saving idea, you'll recoup the cost of this E-Book right away!
Join Molly daily and follow her
adventures in fiscally responsible homemaking at
And then keep watching for next month's Molly's Money-Saving Digest.