Molly Makes $7 Slow Cooker Suppers ~ Quick and Easy 140 deliciously simple recipes --140 wonderful ways to feed your family! Our daily lives often seem to run on overdrive. Too frequently a healthy, home-cooked meal is one of the things sacrificed. If only you had more time! Okay, maybe you really like to cook and it's worth all the effort it takes. But every day, day in and day out, perhaps two or even three meals a day . . . 14 to 20 meals a week, whew! A homemaker needs a reprieve!
Wanting to start a home-based business for yourself or your teen but not sure who to trust? You will find legitimate and trusted resources and guidance at Christian Home Business Connection.
Sign up for the Christian Home Business Connection FREE weekly newsletter and get valuable home business information.
A Look Back at the
Living the Good Life ~ Frugally
Has winter left you waning?
Does your budget need a boost?
What's for dinner, anyway?
What keeps your abode bright, beautiful, and bouncing along?
Relax, rejuvenate, and get real! Each month take the wonderful opportunity to learn along with Molly (and her special guests and experts), and make the most of your time and money.
Molly's Money-Saving Digest February 2010
Order this past Digest today by clicking HERE.
|Your blog or business here!
Email me for our affordable rates and advertising options.
Super Bowl Sunday is a bittersweet day in our home. We are big football fans so we are always excited for the game but so sad to see the season end. I love every part of the day . . . the excitement leading up to it, the energy in the crowd on and off the field. And it is of course a great excuse to spend time with friends and eat yummy food! In this newsletter I'm going to share some great game day recipes and party planning ideas I have found.
P.S. If you haven't downloaded the January 2011 Digest yet, our newsletter subscribers can do so here. Today is your last chance!
From the Blog
Did you make it to the blog this week? If not, hop on over and see what you've been missing. Be sure to leave a comment or two. I do love hearing from you!
- Do you have a favorite quick and easy meal meal for a busy day?
- I shared a great deal I found for the movie The Blind Side (rated PG). If you haven't seen it yet, you should!
- A reader asked what is so special about coconut oil. Find out some of the ways I use it and check out the reader comments for even more uses.
- If you are a Molly Member, I have a new desktop wallpaper for you!
- Check out this cute Perpetual Button Calendar you can make with the kids (or by yourself)!
- If you shop on Amazon, head on over and check out these free Amazon deals!
- And don't forget to checkout this week's Freebie Friday deals.
Super Bowl Snacks and Party Ideas!
In our home, we almost always have a cheese, meat, and cracker plate while watching football. Your grocery store probably has them, but you can save money by making it yourself. Here are a few more great snack and party ideas I've found around the web:
Hi Molly Members,
I've been getting the February member pages all ready for you to log in and access tomorrow. We have a great February Digest, some fun freebies and a coupon to a new E-book that you'll be able to purchase at a significant discount.
I know you're going to love the February Digest!
Not a member yet? We'd love you to join us.Only $3.95/mo!
You might also consider a six-month prepaid membership as a gift for a frugal friend (or yourself)!
Super Bowl Brownies
I have a favorite quick and easy dessert that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser on Super Bowl Sunday!
|Photo Credit: Toni Riggs|
1 box of your favorite brownie mix (plus any ingredients required to make them)
1 can vanilla frosting
1 box of Andes Mints
1 tube white decorating gel
- Bake brownies as directed on the box and let cool.
- Unwrap Andes mints and cut all four corners of each mint to create a football shape.
- Frost brownies.
- Place an Andes mint on each brownie.
- Using your decorating gel, pipe a long line across the Andes mint. Then pipe three small lines through the longer line, as shown in the photo.
Free Appetizer E-Book!
Here is a free E-Book from Recipe Lion with 39 appetizer recipes you can use for Super Bowl Sunday or any other party. Enjoy!
Molly Saves in the Office!
Tame the paper tiger!
Crack the whip in your office space and organize the clutter!
Save on everything from office décor to groceries with Molly's Money-Saving Digest for January 2011. This issue is jam-packed with advice for home and family: repurposed projects, teaching kids responsibility, creative cooking, spending wisely, taking care of yourself, and encouraging one another.
January's special feature is:
Molly Saves in the Office
Do you find yourself spending a lot of time looking for important paperwork or those coupons that are about to expire? Whether your office is an entire room or just an expandable file, this Digest can help. Getting organized doesn't have to be expensive or difficult, and once you do it, you'll wonder how you ever managed before!
- Find out the basic items you'll need to be better organized.
- Be creative and frugal as you outfit your office: Repurpose, reuse, and shop wisely!
- Get filing tips that will help you keep track of your bills and other paperwork.
- Take advantage of the Internet's free forms and other printables for your office.
- Save money by organizing your grocery coupons.
- Help your children with a lesson that will serve them well for the rest of their lives: how to manage their own schedules.
- Recycle household items to make your own bulletin board that's so attractive it doubles as wall art!
Purchase Molly Saves in the Office HERE.