| Subscribe to Monthly Newsletter
|5 FITNESS FACTS |
1. While the origin of the hula hoop is unknown, plastic hula hoops were first manufactured and sold in Australia in 1957. However, dating back to at least 3000 years ago in ancient Greece, hula hoops have been used as an exercise devise.
2. The first world hula hoop championship was held in 1968 involving 500 cities in the USA.
3. The treadmill was invented in 1875. It was originally used by animals to turn heavy equipment. The first human treadmills were invented at the University of Washington in 1952 for cardiac testing.
4. Contrary to popular belief, there is currently no evidence that cracking your knuckles, or any other joint, will cause arthritis.
5. In a recent "fittest cities" report by Men's Health Magazine, Seattle is ranked number seven. Among many other reasons, 85% of adults in Seattle are physically active in some way or another.
|EXERCISE OF THE MONTH |
to see how to do this exercise properly. The skull crusher focuses on your triceps. However, if you elevate your feet into a crunch position you can incorporate your abdominal muscles as well.
Be sure to keep your upper arm stable, and only hinge at the elbow.
In last month's newsletter I highlighted client of the month Rod Guevara, but failed to include his progress stats. I wanted to give Rod credit for the 10 pounds he's lost, as well as the two inches around his chest, two inches from his hips, and two inches around his waist since we started working together. Way to go Rod!Feel free to forward this to any friends by using the link:
YOU CAN HELP!
If you've worked with me in the past, or are one of my current clients
I'd love for you to share your experience with others through my Yelp
page. Click HERE and then click on the "Write a Review" tab in the middle of the page. Thank you you for your support!
In order to help people get fit on a budget I'm offering my group weight training workshop again in November and December. Check out the new dates below, and join me to learn some new exercises and spice up your routine for only $25.
Please e-mail me if you have suggestions for future newsletters, or questions you'd like answered
10 Reasons to Include Weight Lifting as Part of Your Workout Routine
1. Increase your metabolism.
2. Reduce your chance of injury.
3. Lower your stress levels.
4. Build stronger bones.
5. Have more energy.
6. Improve your mood.
7. Decrease body fat.
8. Gain confidence.
9. Improve your physique.
10. Increase balance, stability, and flexibility.
Weight Training Class
Personal Training on Any Budget
Want some new ideas to spice up your
Don't know how to use all the equipment
in the gym?
Do you do the same few exercises
every time you're working out?
If you answered yes to any of these
questions, then join me at Fuerte Fitness for a series of one-hour hands-on classes to help you make the most of your gym experience.
Each class will provide the opportunity
to learn various exercises for different muscle groups and/or types of
every other Thursday at 5:30pm
November 5th: Triceps -
Hamstrings - Back
November 19th: BOSU balls - Rings - Speed Ladder - TRX
December 3rd: Quads/Thigh - Butt/Glutes - Chest -
December 17th: Stability Balls Where:
1225 N. 45th Street
Seattle, WA 98103
(just west of Stone Way on 45th
$25/person per class. Class limited to 5
Email me or Contact Fuerte Fitness to
(206) 420-3142 /
Apples with Peanut Butter & Almonds
At the Fuerte Halloween party this weekend I tried a yummy snack I wanted to share with you. I don't have the exact nutritional information, but I know it provides a great combination of carbohydrates, protein, and healthy fats.
In the spirit of Halloween Elaine shaped the apples into what looked like mouths, using the almonds as teeth. They mouths could make a fun snack for the kids, or simply slice the apples in eighths for a tasty treat to satisfy your own sweet tooth.
1. Slice the apples however you choose.
2. Spread peanut butter onto the apple.
3. Stick several almonds onto the peanut butter coated apple.
Pure Body Fitness is a personal training company that operates around the Seattle area to help clients accomplish various fitness goals. We work with people at two studios - Fuerte Fitness in Wallingford, and Urban Kinetics on Capitol Hill - as well as in homes with proper equipment and at local parks and tracks.
Pure Body Fitness