2. Preserve the Cyclorama painting
Your Immediate action is Crucial to the Rehabilitation of Cemetery Ridge!
As a Friends supporter, you know that everything we do is about preservation. The Museum and Visitor Center was built to address four critical preservation goals:
1. Preserve the park's collection of artifacts and archival material
3. Offer visitors an understanding of the Battle of Gettysburg within the larger context of the causes and consequences of the Civil War and American history
4. Rehabilitate key battle ground along Cemetery Hill and Cemetery Ridge, returning the ground as closely as possible to its 1863 appearance.
As of today, only the final preservation goal remains unfulfilled--rehabilitating the key battle ground along Cemetery Hill and Cemetery Ridge.
Now, the National Park Service at Gettysburg is seeking public input on the future of the old Cyclorama building. The Gettysburg Foundation urges you to comment on this process by asking the National Park Service to demolish the former Cyclorama building and rehabilitate this important ground. Here's how you can help:
1. Submit written comments to: Superintendent, Gettysburg National Military Park, 1195 Baltimore Pike, Suite 100, Gettysburg, PA17325.
2. Visit www.nps.gov/gett on the Internet and click on "Management" followed by "Public Involvement" (or visit parkplanning.nps.gov).
3. Email comments to: email@example.com
4. Fax comments to: 717-334-1891 Attn: Cyclorama building.
5. Attend information open houses on Sept. 16 & 17 at the Museum and Visitor Center (details at www.gettysburgfoundation.org or www.nps.gov).
Thank you for your support of this project. Together we can save this cirticial piece of hallowed ground.