BASIS International Ltd. releases 'AddonSoftware® by Barista®' version 11.00 for BBj® version 11.00.
In addition to the highlights of this release noted below, be sure to review the features in the preview of AddonSoftware version 11.01.
- New in version 11.00
- For new Addon installations, the Install Wizard saves time by consolidating the Copy aon Directory, Update addon.syn File, and Update sync XML Files utilities into one seamless step
- Three new graphical reports have been added to the Accounts Receivable > Reports menu. These reports are all graphical, but each one takes a different approach, demonstrating how you can harness the power of BBj, Java, and JasperReports
- Graphic Sales Report by Salesperson: presents a graphical representation of sales data for a selectable period by Salesperson in 6 different graphic formats; this is a straight BBj program, arr_graphicSalesReport.aon
- Sales Digital Dashboard: presents sales data for a selected month in several different formats by Salesperson, Customer Type and Year-to-Date sales; this program, arr_digitalDashboard.src, was created using AppBuilder
- Drill Down Sales Report by Customer Type: presents a series of reports starting with Sales By Customer type for a selectable period. The user can click on a customer type and see the sales by customer within that customer type. Clicking on a customer drills down to a report of invoices for that customer. Clicking on an invoice drills down to the invoice line items. The reports are linked, allowing the user to move up and down the drill-down stack. The lead-in is a straight BBj program that provides for selecting the period, and all the reports are done with Jasper iReports. The lead-in program also allows the user to select data and enter the drill-down stack at a lower level. This report uses BBj Stored Procedures (SPROCS), providing a glimpse into how to work with SPROCs as well.
- Completed BBj Trigger definition and source files to facilitate running a hybrid version of Addon Payroll; see the readme.txt in the /apps/aon/util/v6triggers/ folder for more information
- Improved GL Financial Reports and Purchase Order Receipt Register to use DocOut formatting
- Developer/VAR utility to increment all of the year fields in demo data; accessible only via the Form Manager => ADX_DEMOYEAR
- Enhanced AR Invoice drilldown in Customer Master that takes advantage of Barista drilldown filtering capability
- The AddonSoftware Installation and Upgrade Wizard (AIUW) automates the install and upgrade process, eliminating manual copy/pasting and configuration file edits. The first three components of the AIUW were available in version 10.03. The newest member to the suite is the Copy Custom Modifications utility. All of these programs are located in the AddonSoftware Administration => Utilities => Install/Upgrade Utilities menu.
- Copy aon Directory: Copies the aon directory from the download location to a specified new location
- Update addon.syn File: Updates paths in the specified .syn file to reflect the new aon location and location of data files
- Update sync XML Files: Recovers administrative data (masks, messages, sequence numbers, etc.) previously backed up into the sync directory, and updates paths in admin_modules*.xml files to the new location
- Copy Custom Modifications: Recursively copies specified application/project file structures used to store Addon customizations in order to re-install the customizations into a new/upgraded Addon
- Distribute EM Update Wizard Files: Moves files converted during the EM Update wizard to their proper application data location and clears unneeded files
- Preview of version 11.01
- Graphical front-end to the AIUW for new Addon Installations: for new Addon installations, the Install Wizard saves time by consolidating the Copy aon Directory, Update addon.syn File, and Update sync XML Files utilities into one seamless step
- Parameterized control over Totals tab in Order/Invoice Entry: a new field in the Sales Order Processing parameters provides control over whether or not users are warned or focus is forced onto the Totals tab to re-evaluate Freight and Discount amounts when changing existing line items.
Inherited enhancements from Barista
- Google Apps Integration Utilities
- Google service user authentication
- Document open/save dialog
- Folder selection dialog Google document API
- Admin Utility
- Provides user authentication
- Validates user privileges
- Stores user credentials in user data for re-use
- Viewer includes ability to save reports directly to Google in various formats
- Viewer generates event when report is saved
- Adds more export file types
- Provides programmatic control over default directory and report file name
- Code completion for miscellaneous constants
- BASIS IDE configuration allows launching of Barista-related AppBuilder applications directly in the Barista MDI
- Barista grid editing starts automatically when user types
- Barista grid navigation follows industry standard EnterAsTab behavior exhibited by standard Barista forms; [Enter] and [Tab] keys provide navigation from cell to cell during grid entries
- Barista Installation Manager eliminates manual intervention after creating new Barista development project areas by automatically updating prefixes, system globals, and selected system files
- Barista Administration
- Uses the new BBjAdmin Object API to authenticate Barista users - for improved security
- Now shares information with BBj as user records are entered, modified, or deleted for ease of use
- Provides options to import existing BBj users into Barista and export Barista users to BBj for simplified upgrades
- Barista Document Output System
- Uses table based report column adjustment storage instead of user settings files
- Adds ability to restore report settings to original defaults
- Allows users to specify file names and locations for saved reports
- Options to select and process desired output types in one step
- Adds support for accessing GoogleDoc repositories
- Creates native spreadsheet (.xls) output files
- Document Inquiry provides options to display, fax, and email historical documents
- Barista Inquiry System
- Adds case-insensitive sorting as the default for all columns
- Allows configuration of case sensitivity for column sorting and searching
- Facilitates use of connection pooling for enhanced performance
- Adds option to export retrieved data directly to the Document Output System
- Allows users to export directly to .pdf, .xls, .txt, .csv, and .xml in a single step
- Adds copy/paste options for column names, delimiters and text identifiers
- Adds ability to call filter programs after each fetched row
Download 'AddonsSoftware by Barista' today.
See AddonSoftware in action demo videos.
For the latest news, subscribe to the addonsoftware, barista-list, or bbj-developer forums.
AddonSoftware®, Barista®, and BBj® are registered trademarks.