Holiday Gift Ideas
Do you struggle like I do with what to buy those special relatives who seem to already have everything they want?
Here are some ideas to surprise and delight them!
1. An afternoon walking around "your person's"
garden with one of our horticulturists, identifying plants or sharing ideas of what to move or add to enhance their space even more.
2. A garage or shed cleanup and reorganization! This could include cleaning and oiling all of the garden tools (see other article!), or recommending tools we find efficient or less strenuous to use.
3. A gardening gift basket of seeds, an ergonomic trowel, gloves, and a book about heirloom vegetables.
4. An indoor mini herb garden complete with grow light and lamp.
5. A pastel drawing of your garden or just a diagram with all the plants identified. Like our installation packets, we can include either a CD or a decorative binder of the corresponding plant information sheets.
6. Of course, a gift certificate for a design, planting, or other gardening chore to be redeemed anytime in 2011.
7. A sustainability review. This could include which
organic products can replace existing toxic chemicals, how to incorporate rain barrels, how to use less water in the garden, and how to bring in more wildlife (birds and butterflies, not rabbits or squirrels please).
8. Decorative garden elements to look at now and install in the spring like a trellis, arbor, or water bubbler.
9. A holiday wreath or even a post-holiday wreath to bring in some cheer during the often dreary "uary" months!
10. If you can dream it, we can most likely do it!