New and Noteworthy
"According to a recent survey of Canadian CEOs, stress, burnout and physical or mental health issues are the main issues limiting productivity in Canada."
Mental Health Works: Complex Issues, Clear Solutions Workshop on Thursday, June 21 teaches the tools needed to appropriately manage mental health in the workplace.
Discussions and exercises allow participants to reflect on specific workplace situations and develop appropriate and clear solutions, enabling managers to more effectively:
- Discuss sensitive or contentious issues with employees
- Create accommodation strategies that work
- Resolve conflicts more effectively
- Separate performance issues from mental health issues
- Avoid discrimination and human rights violation
Organizations that have participated have reported:
- Reduced absenteeism rates
- Shortened disability times
- Successful return-to-work
The Mental Health Works Participant's Guide will be given to managers as a complement to the course. This invaluable reference tool will allow managers to identify challenges, clarify procedures and develop accommodations.
According to a recent survey of Canadian CEOs, stress, burnout and physical or mental health issues are the main issues limiting productivity in Canada. When mental health issues are not addressed and treated appropriately, there can be considerable personal and financial costs to individuals and organizations. Fortunately, with prevention, early treatment, and support, many of these costs can be significantly reduced or eliminated entirely.
More information and registration here.