|New Dental Products we may Prescribe for Your Wellness |
What is MI Paste?
MI Paste is a white dental cream containing calcium and phosphate minerals. MI Paste Plus has the added ingredient, sodium fluoride. MI Paste Plus is most commonly prescribed to adults, while MI Paste is for children.
Why do we prescribe MI Paste?
This product is like vitamins for your teeth. Everyday we subject our mouths to sugars and acids. MI Paste and MI Paste Plus help protect our teeth from these acid attacks which can cause cavities, sensitivity and enamel erosion. It protects our teeth by incorporating the calcium, phosphate and fluoride (in the MI Paste Plus) into the actual tooth structure to greater strengthen and protect the tooth.
Who should use MI Paste?
- Adults and children with moderate to high risk for cavities
- People with gum recession (this product protects the softer exposed root surfaces)
- Orthodontic patients / patients in braces
- Patients on medications which cause dry mouth
- Patients with medical concerns - ie. cancer & radiation therapy
- Acid reflux patients, where acidity levels are higher in the mouth
- Patients with greater tooth sensitivity - this includes generalized sensitivity and sensitivity that can develop with whitening or other dental procedures
How is it used?
MI paste is used at home after thoroughly brushing and flossing your teeth. It is applied to all tooth surfaces with a finger or Q-tip. It should be left undisturbed for 3 minutes with no eating, drinking or rinsing. It should be used 1-2 times daily, preferably before bed or at a time when it can be applied and left undisturbed for many hours to maximize its benefits.
MI paste and MI Paste Plus
should not be used by patients with milk protein (casein)and/or hydroxybenzoate allergies.
|Love is in the Air|
We are excited to inform you that our hygienist, Ashleigh, got married on October 4th in Green Bay! Our team celebrated as she married her new husband, John, on a beautiful sunny fall day. The reception was also held in Green Bay. (see photo)
Congratulations go out to our dental assistant, Wendy, whose son Marcus also got married in October. The wedding was held in LaCrosse and several team members made the roadtrip to support the new couple. Congrats Marcus and Angie!